Stimulating a Sustainability Mindset in Engineering Education
THEME & GENERAL INFO
The Annual Conference of the Canadian Engineering Education Association will be virtual this year and hosted by the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering at the University of Prince Edward Island on June 21-23, 2021 with the theme of “Stimulating a Sustainability Mindset in Engineering Education”.
This encompassing theme incorporates key elements of what sustainability means in engineering education, to engineers, and to the future of the Engineering profession: sustainable design, sustainable society via diversity, community, empathy, and accessibility, sustainable earth via stewardship of resources, sustainable work via the interdisciplinary integration of traditional engineering disciplines and between the social sciences, sustainable approach of professionalism, reflection, equity, inclusion, and effective communication. When we come together as a group of Canadian engineering educators in beautiful PEI, we look forward to the conversations and discussions on what sustainability means in engineering and what a sustainability mindset in engineering education means for the future.
- Abstract submissions open: October 12, 2020
- Extended abstracts for all types of presentations deadline: December 11, 2020 January 11, 2021 (reviews starting December 18, 2020)
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: February 1, 2021
- Workshop proposals due: February 5, 2021
- Full paper submission for peer review deadline: March 1, 2021 March 8, 2021
- Feedback provided to authors of full papers: March 26, 2021 April 19, 2021
- Registration opens: April 2, 2021
- Submission of final, camera-ready papers: April 5, 2020 May 5, 2021
- Early-Bird Deadline: May 7, 2021
- Registration Deadline: June 4, 2021
- CEEA-ACEG Workshop Day: June 20
- Conference Dates: June 20-23
- IEER/IET Workshops: June 18 and June 25
Live program link: https://eventpilotadmin.
All registrants will have received their access codes and links to the conferene from the email CEEA ACEG 2021 <[email protected] If you have not recieved your code or links please contact your IT department to allow that email past quarantine or spam folders.
June 20 - 23, 2021
Introducing our 2020/2021 President
Associate Professor – Lassonde School of Engineering, York University
NSERC/Quanser Chair in Engineering Design for Innovation
P.Eng. PhD, MBA
Careers at BCIT | Faculty, Civil Engineering
Partners & Initiatives
We collaborate with other organizations to bring awareness, funding and education to all areas dedicated to Engineering Education. Click on a logo to learn more about each partner.