Stimulating a Sustainability Mindset in Engineering Education
The Annual Conference of the Canadian Engineering Education Association will be held at the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering at the University of Prince Edward Island on June 21-23, 2021 with the theme of “Stimulating a Sustainability Mindset in Engineering Education”.
This encompassing theme incorporates key elements of what sustainability means in engineering education, to engineers, and to the future of the Engineering profession: sustainable design, sustainable society via diversity, community, empathy, and accessibility, sustainable earth via stewardship of resources, sustainable work via the interdisciplinary integration of traditional engineering disciplines and between the social sciences, sustainable approach of professionalism, reflection, equity, inclusion, and effective communication. When we come together as a group of Canadian engineering educators in beautiful PEI, we look forward to the conversations and discussions on what sustainability means in engineering and what a sustainability mindset in engineering education means for the future.
- Abstract submissions open: Monday, October 12, 2020
- Extended abstracts for all types of presentations deadline: Friday, December 11, 2020
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: Monday, February 1, 2021
- Workshop proposals due: Friday, February 5, 2021
- Full paper submission for peer review deadline: Monday, March 1, 2021
- Feedback provided to authors of full papers: Friday, March 26, 2021
- Registration opens: Friday, April 2, 2021
- Submission of papers requiring revisions under the full paper peer review process and submission of poster PDFs: Monday, April 5, 2020
June 20 - 23, 2021
Introducing our 2020/2021 President
Associate Professor – Lassonde School of Engineering, York University
NSERC/Quanser Chair in Engineering Design for Innovation
P.Eng. PhD, MBA
Introducing CEEA ACEG Fellows
The designation of Fellow honours individuals who have demonstrated noteworthy service to engineering education, engineering leadership, or engineering design education through their work with CEEA-ACEG. Meet our inaugural class.
What are we up to?
Eight times a year (September, October, November, December/January, February, March, April, May) CEEA shares current news, listings and goings on. See what’s happening now.
Want to share your love of Engineering and Education? Keep your eye on our Board nominations or join a committee and lend your time and talents.
Partners & Initiatives
We collaborate with other organizations to bring awareness, funding and education to all areas dedicated to Engineering Education. Click on a logo to learn more about each partner.